Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

I finished this book and I'm hooked. I have to read the next book!! Seriously, I'm like a addict who needs her next fix. Then comes watching all of the movies! Oh, I am very very excited indeed! :)

Lisbeth Salander is deeply flawed, socially inept, de-emotionalized individual, which when coupled with her pristine (to her advantage and disadvantage) memory, amazing hacking skills, bad ass attitude and hypersexuality, makes for an extreeeemely intriguing character.

The book tackles a lot of important issues, mainly violence against women [which the author had apparently witnessed first-hand, and had written this series in response to. He even named the main character after the victim, Lisbeth] and it can quickly become horrifically graphic. Warning, it's not a light and pleasant walk through the park.



http://www.stieglarsson.com/The-Girl-With-The-Dragon-Tattoo

....Hooked....


I've finished the series since posting this blog and I must say, I wish so badly that there were more of the millenium books. For a series that was originally supposed to be comprised of (I believe) ten novels, we are left with a trilogy and wanting more. With the Swedish films watched, I eagerly wait for David Fincher's adaption. I'm not sure what to expect from it, being slightly torn between disgust at Hollywood's need to dig it's poison claws into something good and excitement at the prospect of a revival of the story from a fresh perspective. I am at least relieved that it's going to be a David Fincher film as Fight Club is one of my all time favourite movies, I can breath a little easier knowing that the story is in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment