Sunday, July 3, 2011

Swans and Snippets
















Okay, clearly my sporadic posting isn't in any way, shape, or form, consistent. SO I'm creating a day. Wednesday, if any of you wonderful homo sapiens bother to read this, will be my post day.
-----------------------
Sometimes life can be interesting, sometimes its about as mundane as watciing a puddle of water dry. Today, its a drying puddle. Please excuse my typos, I'm not wearing my glasses. I have the visual range of a mole. Okay, maybe it's not THAT bad and maybe my eyes are closed as I type. Anyway, what did i do keep myself occupied? Umm, I watched Black Swan last night. Darren Aronofsky and Clint Mansell together are a cinematic orgasm. I will never forget the first time I heard Mansell's Lux Aeterna score as the leitmotif of Requiem for a Dream. It was transcendental.

Nina's inner battle to find herself and let it go is something that we all can at times relate to (top that off with an overbearing parent--you basically have the lives of almost 90% of South Asian children, le sigh). This movie is dark and thrives off of its ability to discomfort, to unnerve, and to question reality/delusion (and therefore which is a truer depiction of her world). Like the princess trapped in the swans body, self-sacrifice/death is the only way Nina could escape her physical bounds and become a free transcended being (like Lester from American Beauty) and in that moment, they see pure, untainted beauty.

Of course this is a movie, don't let this give you any ideas. If you're not happy with life, surround yourself with positive things, people, etc. Trust me, it works.

*********************************************************************************



From here on, it's two random snippets of soul purging from my moments of boredom.
-----------------------------------------------
They told me I was honest
But honesty never saves the day
They told me I was a prude
But I’m too much of a fool to stay chaste
They said too much about me
So what more can they say?
-----------------------------------------------
There’s a ghost hanging over me
Trapped between the bars of my consciousness
I try, and I try
To bring it back to future
But the ghosts of my past won’t let me go

No comments:

Post a Comment